LGS Innovations RS3 Network Engineer in South Korea
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a*RS3 Network Engineer* for our South Korea location.
In this position you will work under limited direction design, troubleshoot and provide management assistance for various network systems at customer sites. Interface with the US Government Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and support the NEC, as required.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure new Inside Plant Active (ISP-A) equipment is configured properly and staged for installation and implementation on the network In Accordance With the local NEC TTP (Network Enterprise Center Technical Transition Plan).
- Input all interface descriptions onto all user-facing ports for all new ISP-A equipment IAW Defense Information System Network-Enterprise Network
- Update all Internetwork Operating System and mitigating Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts for all new equipment being migrated onto the existing network.
- Upload all circuit trace drawings and update rack elevations IAW NEC TTP.
- Provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M;) oversight for the data network
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Systems, or related discipline and 4-6 years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience.
- Secret or higher clearance
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Three years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of network systems and applications
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification
- Networking related certifications
- Knowledge of router and switch configurations in a multi-vendor environment
- Understanding of current DoD Policies and their impact to Operation and Maintenance of C4I systems across multiple classifications of networks
- Knowledgeable in application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols
- Knowledge of wire maintenance and computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience working similar projects in Korea
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required.
- Local Driver’s License if required in country with access to a vehicle
- Ability to work well with others and resolve problems
- Experience working on Resident Systems Support Specialist (RS3) teams.
- Work is typically performed in office environment which requires proper safety precautions.
- Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment
- Work may take place in a construction environment
- May require working after hours or on weekends
- Occasional work in tight or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time.
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at https://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: RS3 Network Engineer
Location: South Korea
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary