General Electric Applications Engineer in South Korea
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Additive is seeking a self-driven and talented individual to serve as an Applications Engineer supporting customer requirements as it relates to metallic additive manufacturing. While the primary responsibilities will be supporting customers’ development efforts and technical concerns with both machine software and hardware, the candidate should also expect to have cross-over responsibilities in technical sales support, benchmark and customer training.
• Serve as Applications Engineer for GE Additive, supporting customer requirements with respect to additively manufactured metallic components
• Work within a cross-disciplinary team of individuals dedicated to meeting customer driven deadlines while providing the best possible training and support
• Provide insight into build optimization for customer projects including component re-design for use in additive manufacturing, support strategy optimization, exposure strategies, etc.
• Provide technical sales support to the Korean sales team
• Fabricate in house benchmarks of customer supplied geometries which serve as technological demonstration articles
• Effectively communicate with Field Service Engineers, Regional Sales Directors and Managers, internal Engineering Solutions Team, and internal Materials team on customer requirements and technical issues
• Travel to customer sites throughout Korea
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Mechatronics Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in a deadline driven, customer focused environment
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT: Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
• Proficient in CAD (any platform), as well as Microsoft Office Suite
• Skilled in customer interactions, data presentation, and public speaking environments
• Must be able to effectively manage a project from start to finish
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to be a team player
• Strong oral and written communication skills in Korean and English.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
Locations: Republic of Korea
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.