American Airlines Specialist, Inside Sales and New Business in Seoul, South Korea
Please ensure you already have the legal right to live and work in Korea before submitting your application for this role.
Job Level: 3/4
The Specialist, Inside Sales and New Business is responsible for generating new sales leads and contacts for American Airlines in the Asia Pacific sales division. The position is focused on building American’s book of corporate customers and growing revenue by defining, qualifying and funnelling new business leads to our New Business Team.
Once a new account is acquired, the warm lead will be passed to an account management team member. The role reports to the Manager, Inside Sales and New Business Asia Pacific, with a dotted reporting line to the Manager, Sales and/or Senior Manager, Sales for the local market.
About The Job
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Locates, defines, qualifies and funnels new-business leads for negotiating and closing new business contracts
• Provides input to the design and implementation of Asia Pacific corporate contract products including but not limited to loyalty programs, forms of payment and contract offerings
• Where sales cycles are short, owns the full cycle of locating, defining, qualifying, negotiating and ultimately closing the business
• Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements
• Locates business potential by contacting potential customers, discovering and exploring opportunities
• Screens for travel-program/deal fit by analysing market strategies, competitive threats, travel needs, program/deal requirements, revenue potential and financials
• Evaluates options, resolves internal priorities and funnels new-business leads with accurate lead insights, revenue-potential estimates and recommendations
• Using SalesHub, keeps track of new business deals closed and related revenue generated against projections; uses insights to continuously learn and adapt priorities and best places to prospect for new business, working closely with local Sales Team, HDQ New Business Acquisitions Specialists and Sales Pipeline Management to share and glean insights
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational/training opportunities; reading professional publications; maintains personal and professional networks; participates in professional organizations
• Enhances the APAC and HDQ New Business Team’s reputation as a thought-leader for business development at American by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• At least five years sales experience, ideally in business development
• Familiarity with airline and travel agency/TMC new business development will be preferred
• Enthusiasm and drive for new business development
• Sales experience with proven record of successful prospecting skills, sales planning, pipeline management, market knowledge
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels both verbally and written
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team and manage projects
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Strong project management skills required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to convey value of American’s network, product and programs
• Ability to travel
• Experience working with Sales CRM Tools (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce.com)
Job Level: 3/4
Requisition ID: 17818
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines, Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.