Nuance Senior Software Engineer in Seoul, South Korea
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: Work as part of Professional Services Team. Responsible for development, delivery and verification of Nuance speech products. Technical support for customer’s integration, evaluation and production.
• Serve as a key member of Nuance Korea Professional team and provide customers with qualified and reliable Nuance speech products and technology.
• Integrate Nuance’s speech software on OEM customer devices and validate functionality, accuracy and robustness on the target platform.
• Deliver analysis results on customers’ issues and come up with solutions.
• Work across development teams and participate in implementation of application software on Nuance voice framework • Analyze and implement customer features using Nuance proprietary language. Verify the functionality on customers’ platform and fix bugs.
• Develop methodology, scripts and process to evaluate the performance of Nuance speech products integrated on customer’s platform and provide guidance on tuning to improve accuracy.
• Perform audio signal analysis for various OEM devices to maintain and improve upon speech recognition software’s ability to perform the accurate recognition.
• Develop various tools required to automate development and test process.
• Develop sample or demo applications to conduct prototyping of new concepts and idea.
Number of Years of Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Required Skills: Good programming skills C/C++, Java, Python or other scripting languages. Experience of development in Windows or Linux environment. Working knowledge of full S/W development process. Fluent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and in Korean. Excited about working with customers and passionate about analyzing and solving their problems.
Preferred Skills: : Knowledge of Speech technologies (e.g. Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Voice UI).
Education: BS or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related field
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.