Google Partner Engineer, Google Assistant, Google Technical Services in Seoul, South Korea
The Google Assistant is revolutionizing the way people interact with voice enabled Assistants. It's now live on Home, Pixel and Allo.
In this role, you'll work with Assistant Engineering to build scaled solutions that will be deployed with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other partners. You will work with partners to evaluate the needs of OEMs, identifying solutions and helping to deliver and launch the product.
You love working with first-class OEM partners and building experiences with them. As a Partner Engineer for Google Assistant, you'll oversee technical discussions with OEMs, work through deploying solutions with OEMs and work with engineering to launch awesome “Assistant powered” products and experiences.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Cultivate an in-depth understanding of the Assistant partner/OEM use-cases, and distil these insights into crisp product requirements and implementations.
- Define experiences that realize associated requirements, and build the necessary functionality on Assistant working with key Google platforms and partner devices.
- Deliver a complete platform to partners, helping them build their products on top of the platform and planning for support and sustainability.
- Identify opportunities to improve the scaled Assistant solution to more device categories.
- Work with Assistant Engineering sub-teams to get new features built and implemented.
- 3 years of relevant work experience, including experience with device hardware or OS/embedded software development.
- 2 years of experience coding in C or C++.
- Experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Networking protocols, embedded Linux and device drivers.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Korean fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with Hardware Peripherals (e.g. HDMI, USB, SDIO, NAND, etc).
- Proficient in developing software for embedded systems.
- Demonstrated partner engagement skills with the ability to effectively influence and lead cross functional stakeholders.
- Ability to travel as required.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.