Bloomberg Mutual Funds Market Data Analyst (Seoul) in Seoul, South Korea
Job Requisition Number: 65767
Mutual Funds Market Data Analyst (Seoul)
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a true interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
Our Mutual Funds team is responsible for our Mutual Funds data coverage in the Asia Pacific region- they identify global and regional trends in the market and industry, and perform industry analysis on a variety of asset classes and sectors. Qualified candidates will be expected to build and maintain relationships with Fund Managers and contributors in an effort to ensure we have the most timely and accurate data.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of the Funds sector
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
- Make a true business impact on our products and clients – our data moves markets!
- Real potential for exciting and varied career progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Business fluency in English and Korean
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with some advanced technical knowledge and experience (VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB, R)
We'd love you to have:
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of the Funds industry
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.v