Google Head of Campus in Seoul, South Korea
Google for Entrepreneurs (GFE) operates a global network of Campuses - physical hubs where entrepreneurs can learn, connect and build companies we hope will change the world. We are building a best in class team to catalyze the startup ecosystem in each Campus market to help startups launch, grow and go global.
Google for Entrepreneurs is looking for a Head of Campus in Seoul. As Head of Campus, you will lead Google’s support of the startup ecosystem, managing the Campus community, and engaging externally with the startup community and internally to get Googlers involved in the project. In this role, you will develop and manage our relationship with partners and the community.
You will be on the front line of our interactions with external stakeholders and partners as you provide value to Google and to the communities of entrepreneurs they work with. You are knowledgeable and passionate about entrepreneurship, and have experience in the startup sector in Korea and more generally across APAC.
You will work cross functionally with Developer Relations, Marketing, Policy, Communications, and country leadership, as well as individual Googlers from Engineering to Sales to Finance, to develop and build strategic differentiated offerings to help the community and startups to grow with Google.
Learn more at googleforentrepreneurs.com/campuses and campus.co.seoul.
Google for Entrepreneurs (GFE) works to empower entrepreneurs worldwide through a combination of programs, partnerships and Google products. We run a series of physical spaces called Campuses where we work directly with startups and startup communities, and where we partner with organizations to support entrepreneurship globally.
- Set the vision and strategy for maximizing positive impact of Campus Seoul on the startup ecosystem.
- Develop and manage our startup strategy for Korea, including managing the relationship with existing partners.
- Work creatively to cultivate and catalyze the ecosystem, the Campus community and the growth of startups with the best of Google’s resources.
- Be a spokesperson for Campus, at both our own events and external events. Represent Google with credibility, engaging effectively with partners, media/bloggers, policymakers and other communities.
- Help to shape Google for Entrepreneurs’ strategy and make it a success.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in the tech/online startup ecosystem.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Korean fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience working in, and extensive knowledge of, the Korean tech/online startup ecosystem.
- Experience as a founder, investor, and/or working with or successfully supporting startups.
- Highly entrepreneurial, with a demonstrated track record of going from idea to impact.
- Strategic leader with the ability to balance competing priorities and to manage several time-sensitive projects at once, with minimal direction, in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, open-minded, persistent, highly collaborative, and possessing a deep understanding of Google principles and business.
- Effective team player who can lead efforts across disciplines, with demonstrated networking skills for engaging with internal and external audiences.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.