Google Head of AR/VR/Lens Partnerships, Strategic Partnership Manager (APAC) in Seoul, South Korea
Companies partnering with Google on Daydream and related initiatives are diverse. Your effective communication skills and analytical abilities will play a key role in shaping how partnerships are established and nurtured, and will be required for stakeholder interaction internally and externally. Important skills include relationship-building, strategic thinking, tactical execution, market analysis and the ability to “see around the curve”. In this role, you'll anticipate how decisions are made while you uncover the business needs of Google's partners to create impactful outcomes.
You are a talented in business development and will take our business to the next level in Korea and Japan. Your focus will be on growing new initiatives and maintaining/building key strategic relationships. You will have an initial geographic focus on Korea and Japan, and over time, the role would expand to all of Asia Pacific (including coverage in India and China).
You will work closely with the rest of the Daydream Business Development team as well as the broader Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Legal teams. Your profile is that of a strategic negotiator and thought leader.
In this high profile role, you will have significant empowerment to build relationships and lead the business forward as you'll be responsible for leading high value distribution, content and telecom agreements for Google’s VR/AR and Lens platforms with manufacturers, telecom network providers, key content companies, retailers and other entities in the value chain. You are also expected to work closely with these partners to develop creative solutions to find new growth paths using Google's stream of new product offerings and feature updates.
You have a strong understanding of the Google’s VR/AR and Lens value chain. You have solid negotiation and partnering skills and specific experience with entertainment/media, gaming companies, mobile carriers, and mobile or CE manufacturers is a must. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as product, marketing, partner engineering, legal, finance and other partner-facing teams.
Virtual Reality (VR) can take you anywhere, and Augmented Reality (AR) can bring anything to you. Google Lens uses your camera to help make sense of what you see. Our team aims to help everyone experience these incredible new technologies, whether that’s through Cardboard and Daydream VR headsets, or AR apps running on Android devices.
- Open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory talks, build consensus with senior executives, negotiating complex strategic partnerships that are often first-of-its-kind, manage partnerships to deliver results, and build strong long-term partner relationships
- Drive and execute distribution partnerships for Google AR/VR and Lens services with leading OEMs and telcos as well as identify and prioritize content partner targets and become a bridge to content business development and producer teams in other locations
- Become an expert on partner company organizations, business model, and strategic priorities; build and nurture strong relationships with third parties, working directly with some partners and through “one-to-many” models to reach large partner ecosystems
- Work closely with various stakeholders
- Be accountable for business growth, product adoption and partnership targets
- 10 years of experience in the mobile industry across mobile device, mobile operator, CE, streaming media and/or related start-ups are required.
- International experience across partner management activities.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Korean fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA or advanced degree with extensive business development experience.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management. Ability to serve as an advocate for accounts internally and work collaboratively to identify opportunities or resolve issues.
- Ability to interpret legal documents and work with attorneys on specific contract language, and lead and handle multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Strong negotiator but with a partnership approach. Ability to represent Google in agreement discussions and structure terms to achieve strong ongoing partner alignment.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with multiple cross-functional teams. Ability to create structure and drive progress in an ambiguous environment.
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to comfortably interact with partner’s and Google’s executive management. Exhibit strong business acumen, including analytical and problem solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.