Marriott Bar Manager in Seoul, South Korea
Posting Date Jan 18, 2018
Job Number 1800072U
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, Seoul, Korea, Republic of VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for the daily operations of the Bar/Lounge. Position directs, trains and assists employees to serve guests and verifies that proper standards are followed. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations, professionally and consistently. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Bar Activities and Upkeep
• Verifies high quality products and presentations.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Helps maintain par stocks throughout the various departments by daily monitoring of on-hand inventory.
• Maintains food handling, sanitation and cleanliness standards.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary.
• Assists floor staff during busy periods.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Observes service behaviors of employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Modeling and Holding Bar Team Accountable to High Standards of Work
• Supervises Bar/Lounge in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
• Trains staff on cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Verifies compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards, and procedures.
• Maintains standards for bartender and cocktail service.
• Supervises adherence to all cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
Facilitating the Performance of the Bar Team
• Verifies that all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.