General Electric EHS Specialist in Gimpo, South Korea
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role will support the OWS site in Korea working with global EHS teams across the globe on all EHS related activities at both GE locations and customer sites where our Aviation Field Technicians work.
• Provide day-to-day EHS support for service activities and projects
• Provide immediate, direct support to field service employees that work at customer sites
• Their jobs include things like training, inspections, customer interaction around planning and job execution
• Be the first line contact for the field service engineers as they manage day to day EHS issues in service work
• Plans differing activities on the basis of a predefined year plan
• Maintain all required records and documentation.
• Own or actively participate in one or more Environmental Health & Saftety(EHS) Framework Element.
• Supply, operate, and maintain personal protective equipment and ensure availability of safety supplies and PPE equipment.
• Verify that safety equipment such as PPE are available to employees, and monitor their use of such equipment to ensure proper fit and use.
• Post and maintain all required notices on EHS bulletin boards.
• Test workplace for environmental hazards such as exposure to radiation, chemical and biological hazards, and excessive noise.
• Prepare and review specifications and orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
• Report the results of environmental contaminant analyses, and recommend corrective measures to be applied.
• Conduct worker studies in order to prevent instances of disease or illness in job-related functions.
• Examine credentials, licenses, or permits to ensure compliance with site licensing requirements.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Services and Projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
Locations: Republic of Korea; Gimpo