U.S. Army, Pacific Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located within the USA Materiel Support Command, Korea Directorate for Maintenance Production Control Division, Office of the Chief. MSC-K executes sustainment operations (maintenance and supply), mission command of subordinate organizations, and coordinates host nation enablers to support forces on the Korean Peninsula. On order executes NEO, C/JRSO(I) and KSC mobilization to set conditions for contingency operations.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist, the incumbent:
- As the Chief, Production Control Division and Logistics Management Officer (LMO) for the Directorate of Maintenance, US Army Materiel Support Command-Korea (MSC-K) utilizes Integrated Logistics Support techniques to plan, organize, monitor, and coordinate pass back field level and below depot sustainment level maintenance.
- Provides oversight of the planning and execution of inspections, testing, repairs, modifications, rebuilds, refurbishments and demilitarization of tactical equipment for return to joint and coalition forces operating in the Republic of Korea and the Far East.
- Analyzes data obtained from management information systems including Logistics Modernization Program (LMP), Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW) and Wide Area Work Flow eBusiness Suite to provide information to maintenance managers, customers and the Chain of Command.
- Closely monitors maintenance, supply, and manpower data entered into the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-A) to ensure accuracy and evaluate industrial activity.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel is up to 5%
- Relocation expenses may be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations and available command funding. The decision to authorize relocation expenses will be made upon selection and offer.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Family Members
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing field level and below depot sustainment level maintenance. Conducting repair and/or demilitarization of tactical equipment. Utilizing an automated logistical system such as the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-A) to analyze maintenance data. Applying maintenance policies and standard operating procedures. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Planning and Evaluating
- Technical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance for the duration of appointment.
- This position may require business travel up to 5% of the time.
- This position is designated Emergency Essential (E-E) in support of mobilization and wartime mission during periods of increasing tension or mobilization.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza and anthrax vaccination requirement.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L;) workforce position and requires the incumbent to obtain Level II certification in Life Cycle Logistics within 24 months of coming onto the position.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Because the overseas duty station is an authorized accompanied tour area, Separate Maintenance Allowance (SMA) will not be granted.
- Applications will only be accepted from members of the Armed Forces that indicate they are immediately appointable within 120 days. Military members may be appointed while on terminal leave, before the effective date of their military separation.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474094900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-24
Salary: $62,722 to $81,541 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 0346 Logistics Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: FEEZ171528186046
Control number: 474094900