HQDA Field Operating Agencies and Staff Support Agencies Human Resources Specialist (CLASSIFICATION/RECRUITMENT & PLACEMENT) in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
Serves as Human Resource Specialist within Area IV Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located in Daegu, South Korea, responsible for the full scope of civilian human resource services, advice, and support for classification, recruitment and placement within the Personnel Services Branch. Perform the functions of classification, recruitment and placement. Perform duties related to overseas benefits and entitlements.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Serves as Human Resources Specialist responsible for the classification, recruitment and placement for multiple, complex organizational assignments and utilizes a wide range of HR practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents sufficient to:
- Providing expert HR management advisory and technical services on complex and wide-impacting customer functions, work practices, and HR automated tools/programs;
- Using detailed analytical methods to identify, evaluate, and recommend in-depth alternatives outlining impact analyses to management to find appropriate HR solutions;
- Using non-standard operating practices or highly modified HR work procedures for delivering effective HR services to Army and non-Army customers;
- Providing written and oral communication sufficient to develop and deliver briefings, project papers, status/staff reports, and correspondence to managers to foster understanding and acceptance of CHRA findings and recommendations;
- Providing guidance on merit system principles, prohibited personnel practices, the development and use of valid selection criteria, and other approaches that may help in staffing the organization and in improving employee productivity, morale, and retention;
- Evaluating position management in assigned organizations and provide assistance to supervisors and Commanders on ways to improve structure, work distribution, and the use of employee skills;
- Addressing overseas benefits and entitlements inquiries to provide expert advice to applicants, employees, and supervisors to ensure accurate determination and implementation of benefits and entitlements.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Family Members
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Initial tour in Area IV is 36 months
- See Other Requirements for additional information
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes (1) interpreting and applying recruitment and placement laws, regulations, policies, and practices to provide advice and guidance to managers, supervisors, employees, and applicants; (2) conducting job analysis, reviewing applicant qualifications, and referring eligible candidates for employment consideration; (3) classifying duties and creating position descriptions based on occupational groups and series for general schedule and federal wage system positions; and (4) providing advisory services to managers for uncommon and/or complex recruitment and placement issues.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Position Classification
- Problem Solving
- Staffing and Recruiting
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain and maintain a NACI security clearance for the duration of appointment.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 10 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Because the overseas duty station is an authorized accompanied tour area, Separate Maintenance Allowance (SMA) will not be granted.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474449300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $62,722 to $81,541 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 0201 Human Resources Management
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: FEEZ170476116041
Control number: 474449300