U.S. Army Sustainment Command Assistant Maintenance Manager in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
The U.S. Army Sustainment Command 403rd AFSB, Log Readiness Ctr, Cp Humphreys, Maintenance Division is located at USAG Humphreys, in the Pyongtaek metropolitan areas in the Republic of Korea. USAG Humphreys is an hour and a half drive south of Seoul, 40 minutes south of Osan Air Base, and 15 minutes from the city of Pyongtaek. USAG Humphreys is not far from night life, restaurants, and shopping. The Humphreys Exchange and Commissary, Food Court and Restaurants offer typical American amenities.
Working in Korea offers an opportunity to work closely with Korean National employees and experience the culture first hand. For additional information, visit Life in Korea Information and USAG Humphreys.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
You will serve as an Assistant Maintenance Manager:
- Participate in all phases of the management, direction, planning, coordinating and supervising of maintenance activities with maintenance, documentation, and production control and supply functions in support of United States Army Garrison, Army Material Command, Army Sustainment Command, and other tenant units.
- Review and analysis technical maintenance problems, training program, and assistance on proposed changes to maintenance standard policies and procedures.
- Supervise Field Level and Sustainment Level maintenance support for all assigned equipment and materiel.
- Perform personnel administration functions for subordinates such as approving leave, developing IDP's, preparing formal performance appraisals, recommending subordinates for promotion or reassignment, etc.
- Perform planning and scheduling work as priority and complexity demands.
- Advise officials with broader and higher responsibilities on problems involving the relationship of the work of the segment to broader programs and its impact on such programs.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel may be required up to 10%.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are authorized, subject to the JTR.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Family Member
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- The initial length of the overseas tour is 36 months.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience Requirement: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Planning, directing, coordinating, supervising, controlling, and managing the activities in the field and sustainment level maintenance of ground support equipment, fuel and electric engines, and power train and suspension systems. And Managing the supply chain to ensure the effective purchase, receipt, and storage of raw materials, supplies, and repair parts.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Decision Support
- Managing Human Resources
- Program/Project Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires a Secret Clearance.
- This position requires a Government Driver's License.
- This position requires to take a training of Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS).
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474446100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-13 to 2017-07-24
Salary: $62,722 to $81,541 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 1601 Equipment Facilities, And Services
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: FEFK171054766943
Control number: 474446100