Army Installation Management Command Army Volunteer Corps Program Manager in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located at USAG Humphreys, in the Pyongtaek metropolitan areas in the Republic of Korea. USAG-Humphreys is an hour and a half drive south of Seoul, 40 minutes south of Osan Air Base, and 15 minutes from the city of Pyongtaek. USAG Humphreys is not far from night life, restaurants, and shopping. The Humphreys Exchange and Commissary, Food Court and Restaurants offer typical American amenities. Many US employees generally choose to live in town right outside the gate, in the City of Pyongtaek, or in the area surrounding Osan Air Base.
Working in Korea offers an opportunity to work closely with Korean National employees and experience the culture first hand. For additional information, visit Life in Korea Information and USAG Humphreys.
This position is located at: US Army Installation Management Command, US Army Garrison, Humphreys, Directorate of Morale Welfare & Recreation, Army Community Service Division with duty in Camp Humphreys, Korea.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
As an Army Volunteer Corps Program Manager you will:
- Develop operational procedures and activities to maximize the benefits and quality of services carried out by volunteers.
- Conduct assessments of the needs of organizations, the installation, off-post community areas, and the volunteer population.
- Ensure that the various volunteer services and efforts are recognized through formal ceremonies of recognition and official documents/records.
- Provide technical and administrative direction to employees assigned to the Volunteer Program.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel may be required up to 10%
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are authorized, subject to the JTR
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses, and Family Members
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 36 months.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Specialized experience is defined as: Performing work involving providing accurate information about volunteer opportunities, providing volunteer workforce management training, conducting volunteer recruitment fairs, quality of life conferences; and community wide special events, conducting volunteer recognition events, marketing volunteer programs and resources, updating and organizing volunteer resource files; and community volunteer organization directories, maintaining and updating volunteer management records, and conducting community quality of life advisory councils; and referral, consultation, and follow up coordination activities in support of the Army Community Service Army Volunteer Corps Program and the Army Family Action Plan Program. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Public Service Motivation
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Possess a Ph.D. degree or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in any subject area (Note: You must attach a copy of transcripts for verification).
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position the incumbent must obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- This position requires approximately 10% of your duty to be performed in Temporary Duty Away (TDY) from your place of work status (Travel Conditions).
- This position required the incumbent to be able to work special events.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 29 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474331700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-13 to 2017-07-24
Salary: $52,329 to $68,025 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Series: 0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: FEFK171434096039
Control number: 474331700