U.S. Army Medical Command Accounting Technician in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located at: These positions will be filled in one or more of the following locations: These positions will be filled in one or more of the following locations: Camp Red Cloud Uijongbu-Area I, Camp Casey -Area I, USAG Yongsan Seoul-Area II, K-16 Songnam-Area II, Camp Humphreys Pyong Taek-Area III, and USAG Henry Taegu-Area IV. This announcement is listed with multiple locations. Please annotate which location(s) you are interested. About the Republic of Korea: Korea the Land of the Morning Calm has transformed itself into an economic power house in less than five decades. Information about Korea visit the United States Forces Korea (USFK) website: http://www.usfk.mil/usfk/hot-topic.thinking.of.coming.to.korea.355.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Major Duties include:
- Responsible for the billing, collecting, follow-up, accounting and reporting for medical and dental services rendered at the Medical Treatment Facility.
- You will be responsible for accountability, reporting and processing actions relative to funds billed, collected, deposited and transferred for hospital services rendered.
- On a daily basis, you will manage the Pay Patient Direct Billing Program (PPDBP), which involves filing claims to insurance companies for U.S. civilians authorized care in OCONUS Medical Treatment Facilities.
- Prepare monthly reports to US Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) which shows the dollar value of reimbursements earned.
- Furnish estimates and earnings to the Resource Management Division each month on reimbursements earned for budget planning.
- Prepare and submit documents and reports as requested by the Army Medical Command.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Family Members
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 36 months
- Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) expenses are not authorized
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience such as: Applying an in-depth understanding of accounting or other financial management methods; Examining accounts to resolve difficult reconciliations; Analyzing adjustments and corrective entries in patient accounts; Tracing transactions and preparing worksheets to show discrepancies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-05. You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Accounting Operations
- Computer Skills
- Control of Funds
- Fundamentals and Operations of Accounting
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Living Quarters Allowance will not be authorized
- This position requires a favorable background investigation NACI.
- This position requires a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination annually.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 11 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474449100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-14 to 2017-07-27
Salary: $35,359 to $45,970 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Series: 0525 Accounting Technician
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: FEFD170991504722
Control number: 474449100