Eighth U.S. Army Accounting Technician in United States
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at USAG Yongsan, Area II, in Seoul, Korea. Korea, Land of the Morning Calm, has transformed itself into an economic powerhouse in less than five decades. Seoul is one of the largest cities in the world with all of the amenities you would expect from any metropolis. Located in the center of Asia, Korea has a great mix of historic and cultural sites to explore and traveling to other countries is very convenient. http://www.army.mil/korea
This position is located at: Army Finance Accounting Services - Korea, Accounts Payable Division, Unit # 15236, APO AP, 96271.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
MAJOR DUTIES (additional duties may be applied):
Establishes, maintains, and monitors entitlement payment systems such as Computerized Accounts Payable System-Windows, General Fund Enterprise Business System, Wide Area Workflow, Operation Data Store and Corporate Electronic Document Management System.
Analyzes accounts payable records originating from source documents such as transmittal letters, contracts, contract modifications, invoices, receiving reports, and other supporting documents.
Records obligations, computes payments and collections, determines payment type and correct accounting treatment, prevents over obligations, and processes contract close-outs, disbursements, and correct accounting classification codes for each disbursement into the entitlement payment system.
Identifies, edits and takes necessary action to correct errors on source documents, systems generated reports from the accounting systems.
Returns source documents to the point of origin, contacts the vendor or receiving activity to resolve the discrepancy on source documents and, if necessary, contacts the contracting specialist for clarification.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel up to ten percent (10%).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- Initial tour lengths for this area are 36 months
- Secret Clearance Required
- Financial Management Level 1 Certified Required
- Business Travel up to 10%
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience Required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as:
Validating, monitoring, controlling, and maintaining accounting transactions and accounting records for multiple accounts; reconciling subsidiary ledgers to general ledgers for accounts having a variety of transactions; and researching discrepancies between ledgers and make adjustments. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-06.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of overall accounting requirements
Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-06 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this position job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone - no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Obtain and Maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- Financial Management Certification: Certification Level 1: "ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: THIS IS A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Level 1 Certified position designated as such in accordance with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, section 1051, amending 10 United States Code, section 1599d. Incumbent of this position is required to comply with all Department of Defense and Department of the Army requirements of this certification program." This certification requirement is a condition of employment for this position. Failure to obtain this certification within the required time frame may subject the incumbent to adverse action. (Certificate must be obtained within 1 year of being employed).
- Business Travel up to 10% of the time.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits, such as Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. Selectees recruited from outside the United States will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473758600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-12 to 2017-08-01
Salary: $35,359 to $45,970 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 07
Series: 0525 Accounting Technician
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: FEFK171601421982702
Control number: 473758600