LGS Innovations RS3 Network Engineer in South Korea
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a * RS3 Network Engineer III to work in Korea within a Virtual office location. In this position you will: *Under limited direction design, troubleshoot and control various network systems at customer site. Directly support Area 1, Korea NEC customers.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Configure and troubleshoot network routers and switches in accordance with (IAW) local NEC TTP
- Design and execute fiber and copper connections in support of end users and network resource connectivity, update ISP / OSP cable records.
- Update all Internetwork Operating System (IOS) and mitigating Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) for equipment installed on the existing network
- Plan communications circuit and equipment configurations, update circuit trace drawings and rack elevations in accordance with NEC TTP
- Maintain and update the Remedy ticketing system with all required information in accordance with IAW NEC TTP
- Key, rekey, configure and control High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) devices for install and after install in the NEC Integrated Customer Advanced Networking (ICAN) End User Building (EUB) and NEC owned buildings and networks
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline and 4-6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- Secret or higher clearance
- Experience in Korea Army operations
- Experience using common test equipment (e.g. digital test sets, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers)
- Experience working telecommunications projects of similar scope and complexity including five years DoD experience
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), desired
- Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA)-Junos, desired
- Knowledge and experience in router and switch configurations and troubleshooting in a multi-vendor environment
- Knowledge of enterprise server applications and server administration
- Understanding of current DoD Policies and their impact to Operation and Maintenance of C4I systems across multiple classifications of networks
- Knowledgeable in application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols
- Knowledge of wire maintenance and computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required.
- Local Driver’s License with access to a vehicle
- Ability to work well with others and resolve problems
- Experience working on RS3 (Resident Systems Support Specialist) teams.
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: RS3 Network Engineer
Location: Korea – VIRTUAL
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary