L3 Technologies Regional Quality Assistance Representative (QAR), Army C-12, Desiderio, Korea in South Korea
The Regional Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) provides oversight of the development and maintenance of quality programs, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance.
Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines. Leads audit and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits. Coordinates legal requests in support of government investigations or litigations. Ensures the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly. Facilitates uniform standards worldwide and enables best practice sharing, thereby fostering the achievement of company’s mission globally.
The Regional Quality Assurance Representative is responsible, but not limited, to the following:
• Perform Quality Assurance Inspections/Audits at Regional Sites and other QA duties as assigned.
• Serve as the Regional Center’s Safety and Environmental Leader.
• Serve as a point of contact with the on-site government representative in the absence of the Lead Mechanic/Site Manager.
• Inspect and certify aircraft at specific intervals as required by L3 Aircraft, Government and the FAA.
• Troubleshoot system malfunctions and perform necessary corrective actions.
• Remove and replace defective components.
• Comply with Service Bulletins, Instructions and Airworthiness Directives as directed.
• Perform preflight/post flight inspections, turn around inspections, and servicing when required.
• Perform maintenance on Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
• Work with Coworkers/Customers/Public for recommendation of program improvements or corrections.
• Coordinate corporate, department and program management to ensure product/service quality objectives are addressed including; processes, documentation, monitoring, inspection and test, criteria for acceptance and records.
• Coordinate NBP and PDC to ensure product/service quality requirements are addressed including; processes, documentation, monitoring, inspection and test, criteria for acceptance, delivery, post-delivery, and records.
• Respond to customer initiated quality complaints, surveys and questionnaires from current and potential customers.
• Maintain liaison with customer reps, sub-contractors and suppliers concerning quality issues.
This position requires 75% or more travel.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's four (4) years’ experience or Associate's eight (8) years’ experience, or High School twelve (12) years’ experience
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Quality Assurance or related field is required.
• Three (3) years or more of experience performing maintenance on King Air 200/300 (C-12) and/or Cessna 560 (UC-35) aircraft is required. Five (5) years is preferred.
• Three (3) years or more of recent hands-on airframe and powerplant experience required.
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required.
• IA (Inspection Authorization) strongly preferred.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid/current passport and visa.
• Must be able to meet the country clearance requirements, medical/physical fit for duty requirements, training requirements, vaccinations requirements, and any other company or government requirements based on the locations of travel.
• Must be able to travel to other locations requiring overnight stays.
• Continental US (CONUS) and international (OCONUS) travel required.
• Must be able to travel 75-100% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Management of Quality Assurance (QA) technical process.
• Knowledge of Management of QA internal audit process.
• QMS/EMS internal audits, investigations and problem solving skills.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
Climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking and working in tiring uncomfortable positions. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
The diversity of working conditions may range from a standard office type environment, where there is no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individuals to severe changes of temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust, wind, rain and the like. On occasions, individuals may also be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail, thus requiring the use of adequate ear protection.
L3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Organization: *Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
Title: Regional Quality Assistance Representative (QAR), Army C-12, Desiderio, Korea
Location: South Korea
Requisition ID: 091119