LGS Innovations Network/VoIP Engineer in South Korea
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a * Network/VoIP Engineer for our Camp Humphries, South Korea location.*
In this position you will: Under minimal direction design, modify, analyze, implement, test and maintain customer communication media systems and/or integrated solutions, specifically Date Networks and VoIP Networks.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, configure and implement VoIP and Cisco, Juniper and other Data networks based upon the customer’s performance criteria and specifications.
- Provide NEC support as outlined in the YRP2C contract in and RS3 role.
- Collaborate and provide technical oversight with subcontractors at the customer site for VoIP integration and Data integration into existing telecom infrastructure
- Collaborate with customer’s technical staff to ensure a seamless integration of a system
- Develop and perform technical presentations for customers
- Serve as a lead technical resource at customer briefings
- Serve as technical lead on projects
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians
- Troubleshoots complex technical issues in the delivery of technical solutions at customer locations.
- Conduct systems pre-test and acceptance tests to validate the designed performance criteria
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related discipline and 4-6 years of experience or a combination of education, skills and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required, including Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiar with VoIP and Data US Army Networks on the Korean Peninsula.
- Ten (10) years’ experience managing facility modernization work or system projects of similar scope and complexity which may be inclusive of five (5) years’ experience on DoD networks
- VOIP and Data systems integration experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Professional network certifications required for Government NW access.
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Network/VoIP Engineer
Location: Camp Humphries, Korea
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary