LGS Innovations CIDS, VTC Engineer in South Korea
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a * CIDS, VTC Engineer* for ourCamp Humphries, Pyongteak, South Korea office location.
In this position you will: Under minimal direction provide support troubleshooting, configuration and programming support for newly installed CIDS and VTC Systems for 8th Army, USFK, and 2ID as needed. Provide technical solutions for implementation that meet customer audio/visual communication requirements. Provide proposal support as needed. The position is located at Camp Humphreys, Korea.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical onsite support for 3 CIDS systems and multiple VTC systems located at 8th Army HQ along with future support at USFK and 2ID HQ Buildings.
- Ability to communicate and work with high level Government officials.
- Analyze RFP/RFQ/RFI documents to define customer requirements.
- Conduct customer site surveys.
- Research, develop and recommend Audio/Video designs to provide Government customers with best value solutions.
- Support the bid and proposal process by providing the required equipment list, estimated engineering & installation hours, and any related travel plan estimates needed to deliver the proposed solution.
- Verify and revise existing engineering designs and/or develops new engineering designs, as required to address customer requirements.
- Serve as escalation point in Korea for responding to, and resolving inquiries from customers. These responses my include:
- Providing high level technical support on escalated issues in a timely fashion
- Diagnosing and resolving customer issues that require in-depth knowledge of the functionality of a particular system
- Develop support documents, FAQ’s and knowledge-Based Articles
- Interface with manufacturers and vendors to resolve issues that cannot be resolved in-house.
- May develop audio configuration files and support technicians in loading and testing equipment for projects as required.
- May manage the installation by LGS technicians and/or subcontractors during the implementation phase of large video projects at customer sites.
- Generate and deliver acceptance test template to Visual Installation Team to ensure the delivery of the Audio and Video implementation is functioning according to system design plan and agreed upon customer requirements
- May mentor new and/or less experienced engineers
- Develop training materials and conduct knowledge transfer sessions to Government customers.
- Remain current on all new and emerging video technologies.
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 4-6 years of related experience or a combination of education, skills, and related experience
- Experience, knowledge and certifications in with multiple applicable vendor products such as Cisco (Tandberg), Polycom, AMX, Crestron, Extron, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Experience with audio video infrastructure support, maintenance, installation, and commissioning projects of similar scope and complexity on DoD networks
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting audio and video equipment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer interface experience
- Ability to clearly articulate and present solutions to customers
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: CIDS, VTC Engineer
Location: Camp Humphries, Pyongteak, South Korea
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary