Army Installation Management Command Supervisory Recreation Specialist (Community Activities), NF-04 in Taegu, South Korea
This position is located at Camp Walker, Taegu, South Korea.
Learn more about this agency
Serves as the manager for the Community Activities Center (CAC) programs and in a dual capacity as Recreation Delivery Program Team leader.
As the manager for a hub facility, that includes a wide variety of physically dispersed social and recreation programs, is responsible for the overall management and direction of CAC activities. Program activities include: Auto Crafts, Arts and Crafts, Library, ITR, and Recreation Center. Directs, develops and administers plans and procedures to meet the leisure needs of the community. Observes each program area to evaluate effectiveness of leadership and operation, effectiveness of service provided to the community and conformance to operating standards and regulations.
As Recreation Delivery Program Team leader is responsible for planning and executing of community special events that respond to the needs and interest of the military/civilian population. Special events implemented include community wide events such as yard sales; Snowfest; Comedy Clubs; Christmas Tree Lighting; Christmas Bazaar; Battle of the Bands; Ethic Celebrations; Holiday Socials etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
0188 Recreation Specialist
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- US citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, to include a Tier 1 (NACI) investigation.
- US citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement.
- Must be able to lift and carry light to moderately heavy items.
Directly related work experience that provided the applicant the ability, knowledge, skills, principles, methods and techniques to plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate a recreational program. Demonstrated work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level.
ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT WISH TO SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST A REFERRAL LIST INCLUDING ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS. APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW DURING THE OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE PORTION OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS. * Do you possess twelve (12) months of work experience managing/directing a recreation program appropriate to the position being filled e.g., Auto Crafts, Arts and Crafts, Library, ITR, Recreation Center? This experience must include demonstration of the full range of supervisory responsibilities. * Do you possess a bachelor's degree in recreation or equivalent work experience in the recreation field?
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- PCS and LQA is authorized.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Family members: http://8tharmy.korea.army.mil/CPOC/forms/ApplyPacket-Local-Questionnaire-FM.pdf **Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434 or equvalent
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EZ-NAF-W6B1AA USARMY GARRISON, DAEGU DO NOT MAIL APO, AP US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478988700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/08/2017 to 09/21/2017
Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent