Bloomberg Market Specialist, Global Data - Seoul in Seoul, South Korea
Job Requisition Number: 59052
Bloomberg runs on Data. In the Global Data team, we're responsible for supplying it - which also means we solve problems. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software more efficient. And help Bloomberg's prestigious help desk answer complex client questions. And Isolate collect, and process billions of data points, too.
Our data team takes raw numbers and turns them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. We're looking for people with a passion to learn about the markets and a love of the crucial detail. We provide the factual foundation that inspires news and analysis and runs every core Bloomberg function, piping scrubbed data into Bloomberg solutions every second. Our teams produce and populate the numbers, figures, algorithms, research notes and analyses displayed on all Bloomberg products.
What’s the role?:
You will be managing data workflow including data acquisition, processing, quality control and publishing with the aim to optimize the workflow efficiency and working with a team of experts to extract information and identify significant patterns in data from around the world. Most of all you will make a difference for our clients and have a direct impact on our business goals and strategic direction.
We will trust you:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software in timely manner
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our data workflow systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics and other related fields
- 2-3 years of working experience in investment/financial advisory sector
- Speed and accuracy when processing data
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Effective problem solving, analytical skills, proficiency with Excel and advanced skills such as VBA, SQL and Python are a plus
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge and experience of operation of financial markets
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.