Google Manager, Online Partnerships and Development, YouTube in Seoul, South Korea
The YouTube Partner Program consists of millions of content creators. This number is growing very quickly and will grow even faster in the coming years. Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, the Online Partnerships and Development (OPD) team serves YouTube's creators around the world to ensure they have a great experience and achieve success on the platform. Many of these creators are responsible for “what is original” on YouTube and are building the media companies of the future.
As a Manager for YouTube Content Partner Operations for Korea and Greater China, you will lead a team of partner managers, which works with established, emerging and aspiring YouTube creators across the country. In this high-visibility role, you will work to implement scalable support and partner development programs, experiment and innovate to unlock the potential of our top partners and you will be a key member of a cross-regional management team driving growth for YouTube partners. You will also be responsible for setting and implementing quarterly strategy plans and will work on Korea and Greater China focused and global cross-functional projects.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Lead, coach and manage a high-performing team driving operational efficiency, best practices and key metrics across account management and key strategic projects.
- Design and implement the YouTube Korea and Greater China content strategy for established, emerging and aspiring YouTube creators.
- Assess individual team members, provide coaching, deliver performance evaluations and enable personal and professional development for each time member.
- Look for ways to innovate and optimize internal and external processes and tools to drive organizational and operational efficiency.
- Deliver keynote presentations at external industry events and/or partner events and speak on behalf of Google/YouTube with press.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the online, video or media industry and new business development.
- Experience leading teams, with a focus on coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Korean fluently and idiomatically.
- Broad understanding of the new media landscape and online video in general, and a desire to learn more.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management within Google and to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment.
- Ability to think strategically, and ability to make changes to meet strategic needs within your market.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.