Google Google Developer Advocate in Seoul, South Korea
We're self-proclaimed nerds, and our Developer Relations organization helps keep us connected to the communities that love technology as much as we do. Developer Advocates are focused on supporting the 3rd party developers who are building applications and businesses on Google's platforms. You are passionate advocates for Google technologies as well as vocal champions for developer interests within Google. This is a position for engineers who love connecting with developers and speaking publicly about cutting-edge technologies on conference panels, at user groups, on blogs and with the press. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5 as well as our core G Suite and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with external software developers in Korea to bring Google integrations to market that drive significant business and user value.
- Work with partners one-on-one in an engineering capacity in order to help them launch new features in their software.
- Produce requirements and design documents with partners that represent industry-leading applications having meaningful Google integrations.
- Take regular, engineering-focused meetings with partners to help them complete the integration.
- Bring feedback to other engineering, product, marketing, business development, and UX teams at Google.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience working directly with partners.
- 3 years of hands-on programming experience either in C/C++, Java or C#.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Korean fluently and idiomatically.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including experience blogging and writing technical articles with an existing follower base, as well as experience working directly with press and bloggers.
- Experience presenting to large technical audiences.
- Considerable success as a software developer, architect, technology advocates, CTO, or consultant working with web or mobile technologies.
- Strong command of web application or mobile application development landscapes.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.