Peak Scientific Field Service Engineer in Seoul, South Korea
Job: Field Service Engineer
Location: Seoul / South Korea + 30% travel
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive + benefits
PEAK Scientific Instruments, a fast-growing company specialising in the manufacture of laboratory and industrial gas generators for the life science and biomedical market is looking to recruit Field Service Engineer in Seoul.
PEAK Scientific Instruments is an award-winning company, with our head office and manufacturing based in Scotland, by the Glasgow International Airport and holds a very strong reputation in the market. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of our very own gas generators at customer’s premises. The candidate should be customer service orientated and educate our existing customers on PEAK Protected Service products
Reporting to the APAC Service Manager and Senior Territory Manager, this new role will be based in Seoul, South Korea and involve occasional travels within the country.
Main Job functions:
• Carry out routine maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and operation training as well as general support in a professional, prompt and efficient manner to ensure total customer satisfaction.
• Respond effectively and professionally to all customer requests for service and support (telephone and e-mails).
• Provide customers and head office with a clear and accurate service report for all work carried out.
• Maintain and replenish personal van stock of parts and carry out inventory checks as requested.
• Ensure an effective liaison with other PEAK departments (sales, marketing, logistics, engineering and production) to ensure a high level of communication and co-operation for all aspects of customer and product support.
• Inform Service Manager of all serious customer complaints and escalations.
• Take the initiative to continually enhance and develop knowledge and understanding of the complete product range.
• Provide a high level of service and technical advice for PEAK Scientific customers, OEM, distributors and internal staff.
• Experience of maintaining pressure systems and transportable gases in a similar or related industry will be an advantage.
• Some knowledge of electronics, hydraulic and mechanical systems
• Self-motivation, self-disciplined and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems.
• Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety.
• Language skills - Fluent English.
• Possess valid vehicle license
• Willingness to travel on short notices
Applicants are preferably educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field, though qualification by experience will be considered. The company is offering a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. Overseas training opportunities will be provided for the successful candidate.
Our environment is dynamic, with real energy and there are always changes and challenges in this growing company, presenting opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If this describes you and you can see yourself playing a role at the core of our organisation and our expanding technology manufacturing business, there’s a great career pathway awaiting you.