Google Customer Solutions Engineer (English), Google Technical Services, Professional Services in Seoul, South Korea
Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
As a Customer Solutions Engineer, you have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy wearing many hats and will be responsible for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to the business problems faced by the world’s largest advertisers.
You must work as a critical technical partner for our sales teams where your coding abilities, client facing communication skills, desire to solve complex problems, passion for scale and big data, and business acumen will all be leveraged to develop answers to questions most don’t even know to ask. Your solutions will take many forms, from prototypes and demos to education - all with the technology resources of Google to back it up.
You will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing your own projects. You will see the unique business challenges faced by our largest advertisers, and you will be given the opportunity to develop solutions no one else has. Working across the entire organization, you will have the chance to leverage your wide-ranging experience and skill set to find the best solution for the problems at hand.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Provide consulting services and guidance around Google APIs and cloud platforms to help clients develop cutting-edge applications.
- Work closely with customers to understand underlying business challenges. Explore innovative solutions.
- Work across sales, support and product teams to provide innovative solutions to real-world challenges.
- Propose, design, create and present prototypes, demos and proofs-of-concept to a wide variety of audiences, from engineers to marketing professionals.
- Leverage Google’s cloud infrastructure and big data analytics systems to achieve your goals.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of hands-on experience coding database-driven web applications in Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, or PHP.
- Technical experience in web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML, etc.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in online advertising industry, with ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with programming and scripting.
- Strong experience with SQL, Linux, and cloud/distributed computing platforms (Hadoop, App Engine, etc.).
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience, and comfort presenting technical materials to large groups.
- Ability to speak and write English and Korean fluently and idiomatically.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.