State Street Compliance Specialist, Senior Associate in Seoul, South Korea
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
Reporting to head of compliance Korea, the Senior Associate is responsible for ensuring State Street Bank and Trust Company, Seoul Branch is compliant with the Korean laws and regulations and also internal compliance policies.
- Keep abreast of applicable external regulatory environment impacting various businesses.
- Assist Head of Korea Compliance in leading and/or participating in initiatives to strengthen compliance with key external regulations, adherence to corporate policies and control environment.
- Assist and participate with compliance themes including Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy and Ethics, etc.
- Support identifying and interpreting the rules that apply to the business functions operating within Seoul Branch and monitoring State Street’s compliance with the rules
- Escalating non-compliance with the rules to the Head of Korea Compliance and management ensuring compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Coordinating and supporting reviews carried out by internal and external auditors and regulators
- Conduct various Monitoring & Surveillance activities in relation to Compliance Oversight Program
- Local reporting of AML Risk-Based Approach assessment to KoFIU
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English. Skills around MS Office, etc.
- Experience in the field of compliance, audit, or other internal control functions in the financial services industry preferably foreign bank branches in Korea
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
State Street Job ID: 169353
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Compliance Specialist, Senior Associate
Job ID: 169353
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Korea - Seoul