Army Installation Management Command Administrative Support Assistant (CYS), NF-02 in Seoul, South Korea
**Area Consideration: Korea-Wide Only. Applicants who live outside of Korea WILL NOT be considered. U.S citizens overseas under ordinary resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs. The required forms, DA 3433 and Local Applicant Questionnaire must be signed and dated with updated date. Outdated signed forms WILL NOT be considered.
Any required documentation to support qualification or education requirements must be submitted before the closing date of this announcement.
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How To Apply" section of this announcement.
This position is available at Child Development Center, CYS, DFMWR, USAG-Yongsan, Seoul, South Korea(Not To Exceed 31 AUG 2018).
Learn more about this agency
Receives children, youth, parents, and other visitors in a courteous manner. Answers telephones, ascertains nature of call and directs caller to appropriate staff, takes a message or personally provides desired information. Provides customer service expected in a "First Choice" organization.
Utilizes an electronic cash register system and calculator to compute and record individual transactions for customers and to enter data into predefined categories for regulatory signed statistical reports and tracking of income data as it pertains to the CYS program as required. Inputs data into CYMS as required.
Provides administrative support including typing/word processing, mail preparation, copying, distribution, telephone calls, and travel orders for CYS personnel.
Using office automation equipment and word processing software, prepares a variety of correspondence, memorandums, briefings and Daily Activity and other reports required for day-to-day operation. Refers to agency regulations, flip charts, dictionaries, and other typical office reference materials to ensure proper format, grammatical accuracy, and correct spelling.
Performs other duties as assigned.
For full position description please click here
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Korea-Wide Only. Applicants who live outside of Korea WILL NOT be considered. U.S citizens overseas under ordinary resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- US citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click* here*to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf ).
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 and Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- A health assessment is required.
- Successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
- Failure to achieve desired training with demonstrated competence may result in separation.
- Travel to on and off post locations required.
- Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Skill in operating a manual or electric typewriter and current automation system and software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel) required.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation and composition techniques needed to accurately type a variety of material from written sources or voice recordings.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
** High School diploma, official or unofficial copies of transcripts as proof of positive education submitted at the time of application or prior to closure of vacancy announcement. Failure to provide required/supporting documents may result in an ineligible status or may affect the overall rating. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable. For additional information, please visit- http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html Foreign Education: Qualifying education from colleges and universities in foreign countries must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit)
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click hereto view form)
Family Members: click here
Non-Family Members: click here
A photo copy of passport showing your current VISA Status.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434 or equivalent, DA3433, Local Applicant Questionnaire, PCS Oder, Passport with SOFA
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. Contact the NAF Human Resources office at 738-3605, Monday thru Friday, 0800-1600
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) and Application(https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10056153) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m EST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
Hyo Yong Kim
FD-NAF-W6B0AA US ARMY GARRISON, YONGSAN DO NOT MAIL APO, AP US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481591000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/11/2017 to 10/24/2017
Salary: $12.23 to $14.26 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent