Army Installation Management Command Business Manager NF-04 in Pyong Taek, South Korea
**This announcement has been amend to reflect the following changes: number of vacancies from one (1) to Few; and Location from Alaskan Mining Company to Various Locations within the Business Operations Division.
Located with the Business Operations Division, Area III USAG Humphreys, in the Pyongtaek metropolitan areas in the Republic of Korea. USAG-Humphreys is an hour and a half drive south of Seoul, 40 minutes south of Osan Air Base, and 15 minutes from the city of Pyongtaek. USAG Humphreys is not far from night life, restaurants, and shopping. The Humphreys Exchange and Commissary, Food court and restaurants offer typical American amenities. Many US employees generally choose to live in town right outside the gate, in the City of Pyongtaek, or in the area surrounding Osan Air Base.
A cut-off date of 9/14/2017 has been established to review and refer qualified applicants. Complete applications must be received by this cut-off date; if no selection is made from the first cut-off list, a 2nd referral list will be issued not before 9/21/2017.
Learn more about this agency
Manages a large business activity. Formulates instructions and directives necessary to operate a fluid, profit generating business activity with a fluctuating customer base.
Conducts management review of patron programs to identify problems and initiate appropriate corrective measures. Evaluates the success of programs in terms of profitability, customer satisfaction and mission accomplishment. Reviews financial reports, estimates projected costs, develops activity financial plan.
Occasional travel - Travel requirement is approximately 5%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- US citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement.
- National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf ).
- Satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, to include a Tier 1 (NACI) investigation.
Work experience managing or directing the activities of the type of business (i.e.; restaurant, golf course) to be managed.
ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT WISH TO SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST A REFERRAL LIST INCLUDING ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS. APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW DURING THE OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE PORTION OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS. * Do you possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality or equivalent work experience? * Do you possess three years' experience as a Restaurant Manager? * Do you possess membership in a Restaurant Professional Organization? * Do you possess ServeSafe Food and Alcohol Certification?
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf)
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
**Family members: http://8tharmy.korea.army.mil/CPOC/forms/ApplyPacket-Local-Questionnaire-FM.pdf
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click hereto view form or copy this URL into your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf)
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
FK-NAF-W3BHAA US ARMY GARRISON, HUMPHREYS DO NOT MAIL APO, AP US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478989100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/08/2017 to 09/21/2017
Salary: $68,000 to $88,000 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent