General Electric OWS Logistics Coordinator in Gimpo, South Korea
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The OWS Logistics Coordinator - HQ will support the dynamic business of GE Aviation OnWing Support and will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity.
• Follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or longer term project management
• Identify and implement process improvement and lean methodology – transactional in a manufacturing / production environment
• Responsibility for order management, supplier relations, shipping & receiving, logistics, inventory, and billing
• Interact with business leaders regarding freight forwarder / GE approved carrier usage and performance to increases visibility regarding over dimensional or urgent high priority shipments
• Lead efforts to reduce transportation costs for businesses and assist in driving costs out
• Track shipments from global suppliers and drive on time deliveries via use of daily tracking process with GE Routing Center, Shipping Lines, and Freight Forwarders
• Facilitate use of required planning and forecasting tools to simplify overall Logistics process
• Develop optimum Logistics model to drive the most efficient flow of materials and products
• Associate's degree from an accredited university, college or institution (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience in logistics, material order management or inventory control)
• A minimum of 3 years experience in logistics, material order management or inventory control is preferred
• Bonded license holder
• Customer and team focused
• Cross functional integration skills
• Process driven approach to problem solving
• Proven record of demonstrating initiative
• Intermediate computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Locations: Republic of Korea; Gimpo
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.